new crown on #3 molar is a little short. (I can easily pull a piece of paper through my clinched teeth, and my teeth in front and behind the cap are hitting noticeably harder now) my question is when is a crown to short to fit and I should demand it be redone. my dentist says the short cap will eventually come down and he then ground 3 teeth around then crown to try and fix my bite.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - September - 2011, at 23:21 PM

• There must be some high point in your crown that’s why a piece of paper can easily be pulled out. Your dentist can easily remove the high point by checking on the articulating paper and then will do the selective grinding of the high points. The crown is not supposed to be short and there should be proper occlusion of teeth that is the upper and the lower teeth should meet during closing the mouth and during chewing. You can visit your dentist and get it checked.  If your bite is not corrected, then you can ask your dentist to do redo the procedure. Maintain a good oral hygiene so that there are no deposits around the capping. Use an interdental brush in the sides of crowns. For more info on problems after crown placement, you can refer to the following article… http://www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-crown-placement-272.aspx

Free Dental Consultation