I have had three front top teeth missing since i was in my teens. Ever since then i have had a partial that ive wore 24/7. I have never had a problem until the other day i noticed my gums getting a lil sore as the day went on. I got home and noticed that the gums that support that partial appear to be "seperating" from the gum that is not covered by the partial. Im pretty concerned that this is an irreversable issue thats gonna cause me alot of problems. Ive made a dental appointment for next week. Is there someone special i might need to see about this? Can you give me any ideas what this might be and how to treat it?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 25 - June - 2010, at 10:41 AM

• The partial denture is a temporary replacement procedure. It should not be worn for long otherwise the gums get affected. Now stop wearing the partials and do warm saline rinses. You have to go to the prosthodontist who will replace the missing teeth with the fixed prosthesis. it can be fixed partial dentures or the implants. This your dentist can decide after seeing the case. For more info on implants you can visit the following link on our website.....http://www.identalhub.com/dental-how-to-select-your-implant-dentist--654.aspx

Free Dental Consultation