About 5 months ago, I had all four of my wisdom teeth cut out. Not long after my surgery, my jaw got more and more sore, to where I could barely eat anything. I went back to my surgeon and he did xrays and discovered that I had contracted Osteomyelitis of the jaw on the lower left side. I had surgery once again to clean it out and to remove a tiny bit of bone that was infected. At this time I was put on piccline and was given Invanz for 10 days. That was 5 months ago. Here lately when I eat, ive noticed that same side is starting to hurt when I eat. Not nearly as bad as it did last time, but it does hurt. Its not a horrible pain but it makes me worry a little. I noticed to when I bite down it, it hurts to. Should I make an appointment with my regular dentist? Or do you think it could be nothing?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Regina F

Regina F 03 - November - 2010, at 22:09 PM

• History has shown us that waiting a minimum of 4-6 months after the removal of infected teeth is necessary to prevent reoccurence of an infection or problems related to the inflammation from the original infection. At this point in time, my suggestion to you is to have the dentist put you on an antibiotic again for a minimum of 10 days and, also, you need to immediately begin a regimen of warm salt water rinses for about 2-3 minutes 4-5 times a day to hopefully allow drainage of inflamed fluids and at the same time calm the residual inflammation.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - November - 2010, at 20:24 PM

• There sould not be any pain after 5 months of the surgery. If the pain is not very acute and there is no problem in opening and closing of jaw then may be some other tooth is decayed or there is some other problem. You should visit the regular dentist and get the check up done. To know more about the dental pain you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-dental-pain--539.aspx

Free Dental Consultation