Hi I have a problem last year i did the filling on my front teeth about three of them, and i had terrible pain on the one of them and i went to the doctor and prescibe antibiotics for me, which helped after a long time. and this year about a week ago i experience the same problem but now it also include the tongue and the gums, they are so painful and unbarable, the tooth is very painful when it start i cant even talk, when i breath in it becomes even worse,and the tongue as well as the gums. i went to the doctor who prescribe Daktarin oral gel which help for 1 day but now it even worse, please help im in so much pain what should i do. thank you

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 16 - August - 2011, at 05:39 AM

• The pain can be because of infection in that tooth. The filling which you got might be very close to the nerve and is now causing the pain. To treat the tooth infection, you need to get root canal treatment done for that tooth followed by capping. For the pain in the gums, you do warm saline rinses 3-4 times a day which will provide some relief. The pain in the tongue is because of pain in the tooth only. You can take some antibiotic for the infection after consulting your dentist.  Your dentist can take the radiograph to ascertain the infection in the tooth and then can perform the root canal procedure. For more info on root canal procedure, you can refer to the following article .... http://www.identalhub.com/article_procedure-for-root-canal-therapy-105.aspx

Free Dental Consultation