hello my tooth broke five years ago it was clean and a crown was put on it. but every now and them i get a bump on my gum on top of that teeth and puss comes out. it doesnt hurt and after a few days it goes way. what is it?

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - September - 2011, at 01:55 AM

• The bump on gums can be because of periapical infection in relation to the tooth which is crowned. It is important to perform a root canal procedure on the tooth before giving the capping. If root canal procedure is not done, then the tooth can get infected later on and can cause pain. Some periapical infection in relation to the tooth may be causing the bump on the gums. Periapical infection will cause pain later on and can even make the tooth loose.  You can get root canal treatment for the tooth. It can also be because of gum abscess in relation to the tooth which occurs due to poor oral hygiene or because of some trauma to the gums. You have to maintain good oral hygiene for this. Interdental brush can be used in area of capping. For more info on root canal treatment, you can refer to the following article…   http://www.identalhub.com/article_what-is-root-canal-therapy-rct-102.aspx

Free Dental Consultation