Hi Doctor, Recently I've taken an X Ray of my wisdom tooth and X Ray shows it's impacted. I've seen the photo and it is like 90 degree to the other tooth. I've two of them in my lower jaw. Can I ask if you would advise to remove them? I've no problems with them. No pain. I floss, brush and use mouth wash regularly. My dental health seldom give me problem only 4 years back my teeth broke so had a filling. Im 22 years old this year. Thank you alot doctor.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 10 - March - 2011, at 20:20 PM

• If the tooth is impacted and at the same time the angulation is not right you have mentioned that it is 90 degree to the other teeth, so it means it is horizontally impacted then you should get it pulled out. May be it is not giving any problem now but eventually it will cause the problem. It is always better to get them extracted in the early stage when they are not fully developed. It will be pulled out surgically. The best advise can be given after doing clinical examination and after viewing xrays. In my advice, if they are impacted then they should be extracted. This is pretty normal. For more info on wisdom teeth impactions you can read this article for more info..... www.identalhub.com/dental-impacted-wisdom-teeth-and-types-of-impactions-736.aspx

Free Dental Consultation