I had a root canal done on number 6 this morning... I had horrible pain for a week & got to the point where I couldnt eat for three days. Called my dentist & was out of town. Went to a new dentist found out I had a very bad infection in #6 & would need a root canal. He said he couldn't do it the same day because of the infection & I would be in more pain. He put me on antibiotics & was there this morning to have it done. I was still in pain & my face was swollen. Procedure went well. He told me he wanted me to take 2 antibiotics & 800 IB as soon as I left. Local is wearing off & I'm in throbbing pain should I call him or is this normal? Thanks I don't want to bother them if I don't have to!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 24 - May - 2010, at 20:17 PM

• The pain immediately after root canal treatment is normal. Do as the dentist says and take the pain killer also. Tooth will take around 2 to 3 days to settle down. If pain becomes worse and do not go even after a week then you have to visit the dentist. for the itme being avoid eating from that side. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link.....http://www.identalhub.com/article_complications-and-care-after-root-canal-therapy-106.aspx

Free Dental Consultation