Last night my 11 month old daughter was bouncing and feel forward with a plastic chew ring in her mouth and knocked out a tooth. I can't find the tooth I think she swallowed it. I didn't add her to my insurance (who would think a baby would need a dentist) Yes I learned my lesson. My question is what do I need to do? If she broke it off (I can't tell) Does she need to have the rest removed? Asap? If the whole tooth came out is it necessary to see a dentist? Would a dr help? I want to and will do what is best no matter what the cost but I want to be smart about it to...Any adivce?

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - March - 2010, at 19:59 PM

• It is very unfortunate that your baby lost the tooth . Normally when this happens in case of baby tooth the whole tooth comes out .It is very rare that it breaks in half. but still you should be sure. For that you have to visit the dentist and get an X-ray done. If the part of the root is inside and it is near to the adult tooth bud then it may need to be extracted otherwise there is no need to extract it. for more info on children dentistry you can visit the following link on our website......

Free Dental Consultation