I accidently hit myself in the mouth with a metal bar at work. I have a bad busted lip and front teeth feel pointed in with a blister above them. The teeth aren't loose but hurt, what should I do?

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 16 - January - 2012, at 00:17 AM

  • With trauma to the tooth, pulp can get irritated and cause pain and soreness. Pulp if not necrosed will recover on its own but if the pulp of the tooth is necrosed, then you have to get root canal treatment for the affected tooth. Blister above front tooth can be there because of infection of the tooth. You can visit a dentist for evaluation. After clinical examination and after taking the x-rays, your dentist can decide that whether root canal treatment is required or not. If pulp damage has occurred, then root canal treatment followed by dental crown will be required. By the time, you visit your dentist; you can avoid eating from front tooth. You can apply orajel or can take otc pain med for some relief. Maintain a good oral hygiene to avoid any secondary infection. For more info on tooth trauma, refer to…..    http://www.identalhub.com/article_tooth-trauma-331.aspx

Free Dental Consultation