I had my tooth pulled almost 3 weeks ago and it was a difficult extraction. It was my top left back tooth and when it was pulled, my sinus cavity was busted. I have been in pain ever since the tooth was pulled and about 3 days ago I noticed that there is red bubble where the tooth was pulled and the bubble and the area around the bubble is very sore. I wasnt prescribed any antibiotics for infection and I am wanting to know why I have this bubble where my tooth was removed.

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - June - 2011, at 02:56 AM

• The red bubble is because of formation of oroantral fistula which was formed when the molar was extracted and as you have written that sinus was busted. In such cases sinus repair is to be done by giving stitches in that area and you have to take precaution of not to create negative pressure in mouth like smoking or using straw. If the bubble is still there and you have pain even after 3 weeks of extraction then you need to visit your dentist who will do the needful. For more info on complications after wisdom tooth extraction you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/article_problems-after-removal-of-wisdom-teeth-254.aspx

Free Dental Consultation