Well,I had to undergo brace(removable) on yesteryear this month..nd, i didnt maintained regularity(i would remove and carry it in my pockets quite often despite my doctor always insisted on putting the braces in water)..so after 3-4 days i noticed ...a PIT OR DEPRESSION on the back surface of each upper front teeth (before the braces the back surface of each upper front tooth was pretty straight).... After 3 months doctor said to remove and i did. SO for that pit, i consulted another doctor, he recommended me to wear fixed metallic brace..and till now i find some improvement(pits becomes slightly straight) . well,i can't understand how the pit healed(slightly) after brace..i think its nothing connected with the braces ,i think my oral hygiene would have been great during the fixed brace. PLZZ SUGGEST ME NAME OF THIS DEFECT AND WAYS TO CORRECT PERMANENTLY .. COULD IT BE HEALED NATURALLY(by regularly supplementing vit c, calcium and completely removing braces) (why not?? coz we have great healing power in our body(immunity) ).how much i would have to wait? i feels it important coz it effects my speech -- ninahere71@yahoo.com

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 07 - April - 2011, at 10:33 AM

• the depression is not on the tooth but it is the gum which was effected and you got the feeling of depression. Had it been the tooth it can not heal itsself as the hard tissue can not be deposited like this on the teeth. As explained before it is the common problem with the removable especilly when they are not worn regularly and they are not kept in water As regarding the name of the defect you have to consult your dentist as without seing it clinically no name can be given. For more info on braces you can visit the following link.....www.identalhub.com/article_how-do-braces-work-419.aspx

Free Dental Consultation