I fell alseep last night with the Crest White-strips in &now my teeth are very sensitive. I had them in for 7 hours, will my teeth be alright?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - September - 2011, at 04:39 AM

• Teeth sensitivity is normal after use of crest whitening strips. To reduce the sensitivity, you can use some desensitizing tooth paste or can do fluoride rinses for this.  You can use OTC fluoride rinse for this.  It is always better to get professional teeth whitening done in which whitening of the teeth is done under professional guidance. In case of professional teeth whitening, bleaching gel is used and it is the safest and fastest way to make teeth white. In case of professional teeth whitening, dentist will use that solution which the patient’s teeth can tolerate and cause no side effects or sensitivity. Stop using whitening strips for couple of days till the sensitivity subsides. Sensitivity will reside in few days. For more info on teeth whitening methods, you can refer to following article…  http://www.identalhub.com/dental-teeth-whitening-methods-to-consider-536.aspx

Free Dental Consultation