After so many X-Rays, and tests still no conclusion yet as to what I have. I hope this site may help me and then discover what is wrong with my gums. About 3 years ago I was to get a root canal done on one of my front teeth. One of my top front incisors at the time. My dentist mentioned it would not appear as nice by itself and suggested a bridge instead. So I had a bridge put in . About a year later I started having pain above my new Bridge and a bad odor in my mouth. So I went to see my dentist again and he took x-rays and told me I needed another root canal on the other front incisor. I went there he did the root canal and asked me to come back in a week to finish. When I went in the following week he noticed the tooth next to the one with the root canal (Canine) is infected also so he told me he was going to do the root canal on the next tooth as well. Soon after he was done fixing all my front teeth he prescribed Amoxicillin 500 mg and told me to take them for 10 days .. A few weeks later I started to have pain again around the area he worked on and again I had a bad taste in my mouth. I went back to see him he didn't notice anything in the x-rays, so he refereed me to another dentist he told me he was an oral surgeon and he might know more about this problem he had no answer to. When I went to to see the oral surgeon he didn't see anything wrong with my teeth as well he told me he was going to redo the root canals to make sure its done and work more deeper then the original doctor, maybe that's the problem.He suggested. So he redid the root canals and put me back on Amoxicillin 500gm weeks later I experience pain once in awhile and the bad taste and odor and my gums turned red. I went back to see him he told me to brush after every meal for 5 minutes and to floss twice a day. That was something I always did anyway in the past. So I did all that, and again he prescribed Amoxicillin 500gm. The pain and bad odor I have it seems to be in my gum I asked him if its possible I have some kind of bacteria and maybe I need deep cleaning he said he didn't see any tarter in the x-rays so he doesn't suggest that . I know I have something going on but I don't know what and no one seem to know as well. Can you please give m some suggestions that we may look into. Thank You Sincerely, Nora

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - October - 2011, at 00:10 AM

• Bad taste in mouth and bad odor from gums can be because of some infected tooth present or can be because of gum infection in relation to the dental bridge. It doesn’t seem like there is any problem with the root canal which is done to your teeth. Bad taste and odor can be because of plaque and calculus deposits around the dental bridge. You can use an Interdental brush to remove the deposits which are present around the dental bridge. Warm saline rinses can be done to reduce the gum swelling which is present. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. You can take an opinion of second dentist. For more info on good oral hygiene, you can refer to following article.. http://www.identalhub.com/article_good-oral-hygiene-231.aspx

Free Dental Consultation