I am 20 yr old, the ortho said i need to extract 4 bicuspids for having braces but i dont want to have extraction. My teeth are aligned but the front 4 are a bit protruded upwards/frontwards. I just want to straighten them. which is the best method for it?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - September - 2010, at 01:45 AM

• You did not clear the reason your dentist have told you for extraction of the tooth. It depends upon various situations like either you would be having one tooth coming out with the previous one or may be you must be having less gap or almost no gap between your teeths. Sometimes in braces treatment it gets necessary to extract the tooth and wihthin a particular time period your teeth will cover up the gap.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - August - 2010, at 20:11 PM

• For the protruded teeth to bring into alignment space is needed and for that extraction is done. So if your orthodontist says that extraction is needed for the braces treatment  you should go for it for best results. For more info on braces treatment you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/article_why-do-we-need-braces-160.aspx

Free Dental Consultation