Hi, I was just wondering if an infected tooth could give me a sore throat and ears. I had a root canal done on a tooth about two years ago and there seems to be a hole where particles of food keep getting trapped. Although I floss after eating I now find it hard to eat on that side at all. The gums around the tooth are inflamed after eating and sometimes bleed a little bit when flossing and cleaning. About the same time as this I started to get a sire throat. I have seen a GP about my throat and have tried antibiotics etc with no relief. I was just wondering if my tooth was infected could it be causing my throat to have become sore and inflames and now my ears as well.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 08 - January - 2011, at 19:52 PM

• If the tooth is root canal treated and there is no pain and sweling in that tooth that means the tooth is not infected but the gums around the tooth are infected due to impaction of food. You should get the tooth crowned after getting the root canal treatmentt as after the root caal treatment the tooth becomes brittle and chances of fracture are there. The infected gums may not be the cause of your sore throat but it may hamper the treatment process as the infection is there. So along with the treatment of the sore throat you should take care of your teeth and gums which are infected to get the complete relief. For more info on gum diseases you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/article_what-are-treatments-of-gum-disease-21.aspx

Free Dental Consultation