What can u do to help from teeth grinding? I was going to buy a mouth guard but on back of package it said if u had fillings or crowns u couldnt use them Why not?? What could happen? What is a person to do if they grind there teeth?? Its causing alot of pain Can u give me some suggestions?? Would a mouth gurad cause my fillings and crowns caps etc to fall out? or what?? thanks

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 26 - May - 2010, at 20:05 PM

• If you are a teeth grinder then first you have to find out the reason for that. It can be because of filling or crowns which are not in proper occlusion or it can be because of stress. If you really want to go for night guard then you should go to dentist and get it made. With crowns and fillings, it is contradicted to wear the mouthguard available in market but you can wear a mouthguard which is custom made for you by dentist as it will not have any adverse effect on your fillings and crowns and is of proper fit. For more info on teeth grinding or bruxism, you can read the following article in our website... www.identalhub.com/dental-how-to-stop-grinding-teeth-in-sleep-574.aspx

Free Dental Consultation