Hello and ty 4 taking the time to help me with some questions I have concerning my dental issues! However i have a few questions that have concerned me First of all is a permanet filling the same thing as a crown? Is a permanet filling just as good as a crown? Does chipped or cracked teeth due to bruxism and biting of ice eventually lead to a root canal? Why does my teeth hurt and feel very sore when ever i tap them or touch them with finger Does the feeling od cold temps on my tooth mean I have a bad tooth?? All of these things have been happening to me and Im just concerned that I may have to have dental procedures later due to all this ! Is it normal to have some of this stuff and it not necessarily mean i have to have procedures to correct my teeth? Thanks so much 4 your time and patience and reply to these questions!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 30 - April - 2010, at 20:11 PM

• The permanent filling and crown is not same thing. In crown the whole tooth is covered or crown is like a cap put on teeth. In permanent filling decayed part is removed and filled with restorative filling material like composite or silver amalgam. Yes the sensitvity because of bruxism or eating ice can eventually lead to Root Canal Treatment as due to these the upper enamel layer wears off and dentine is exposed which causes the sensitivity and it can effect the pulp causing the infected tooth. If you have sensitivity right now, it is better to deal with it now. So go to your dentist ASAP. For more on senstive teeth, you can read this article in our website.... www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-hypersenstivity-216.aspx

Free Dental Consultation