I have had dentures for 15 years. For the last month or so my breath has been so bad that people are covering their noses when I speak. It is getting so bad that I don't want to say anything to anyone or be around anyone. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - December - 2011, at 03:28 AM

• Bad breath can be there because of wear of dentures or can occur because of unclean tongue. Less of saliva secretion can also lead to bad odor from mouth.  By wearing a same denture for very long time, denture surface can become rough and food deposits can occur because of this which can further lead to halitosis. Bad breath can also be there because of some gastric or respiratory or some other systemic problem. Bad breath is not a disease but is a symptom of disease. If your denture has become worn out, then you can get a new denture. Make sure to clean your tongue with tongue cleaner or tooth brush to avoid deposits on tongue. In most of the cases, reason of bad breath is unclean tongue. Take more of fluids and take nutritious diet and avoid intake of foods like garlic’s and onions which can lead to bad breath. To mask the effect of bad breath, you can also use a mouth wash or can chew mints. If bad breath still persists, then you can visit your dentist and or medical doctor for diagnosing exact cause of bad breath. For more info on prevention and remedies of bad breath, refer to….  http://www.identalhub.com/article_prevention-and-remedies-of-bad-breath-18.aspx

Free Dental Consultation