Underwent 2 stents placement (angioplasty) in FEB 2008. Medications I am on are ramipril-10mg,stamlo5mg, clopidegral 75mg, ecosprin 150mg and atorvastin Ez (all 1 tablet a day. The dentist wants to extract one tooth and asked me to stop ecospin 5 days before extraction. cardiologist says have ecospin of 75 mg instead of 150mg for the 5 days. Dentist finally says not to have ecosprin at least 2 days before extraction and on day of extraction. What is to be done? Also need I stop clopidegral too? Will analysis of bleeding and clotting time help.Should that be done while continuing with ecosprin/clopidegral or should I stop the medicines and then do it Kindly advice on all the above

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 22 - June - 2011, at 10:29 AM

• It is better to follow the advice of Cardiologist and till he gives the clearance you should not go for extraction and rather no Oral Surgeon will go ahead with extraction without clearance from your treating cardiologist. It is better that you go to some multispeciality hospital where all emergency facilities are available. Precaution is better though nothing may happen. Tooth extraction is fairly simple procedure but you cannot take chance and it can only be done after clearance from your Cardiologist. For more info on tooth extraction you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/article_when-the-tooth-needs-to-be-extracted-149.aspx

Free Dental Consultation