I have just had my childhood canines romoved at 21 years. Will my adult canines and premolars move close apart to fill the gap naturally?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 13 - January - 2012, at 00:35 AM

• Baby Canines usually fall by 10-11 years of age. If baby canines don’t fall even after a long time, then they are called as retained baby teeth. After removal of baby canines, adult canines and premolars will move towards the empty space but may or may not be able to close the whole gap naturally. Teeth may not get in straight line and dental braces will be required to make the teeth straight. Metallic, ceramic or lingual dental braces can be given to make the teeth straight and to close the gap. If you don’t want to get braces, then you can even get invisaligns. Invisaligns are clear, removable aligners which are used to make teeth straight. Duration of treatment of braces or invisaligns is 18-24 months depending on amount of misalignment which is present. Cosmetic procedures like dental bonding, lumineers, veneers or dental crowns can also be given to make teeth straight and are faster as compared to braces and invisaligns.  Without clinical examination, it is difficult to comment that whether the gap will close by movement of canines and premolars naturally or not. You can visit your dentist for evaluation. For more info on straightening options for adult teeth, refer to…..   http://www.identalhub.com/dental-straightening-options-for-adult-teeth-549.aspx

Free Dental Consultation