four months ago I had a deep scaling on all four quadrants. One quadrant kept giving me a lot of pain and finally after months the pain stopped. Several weeks ago the pain started up again and I saw my dentist. He said I had intraoral herpes and it should go away in two weeks. The pain in my gums and all my face continues on the one side where there is an exposed tooth that had been under a crown. The dentist says it isn't that tooth because it's sufficiently still covered by the old filling. I'm in pain constantly and when he diagnosed this two weeks ago he said if the face pain doesn't go away see my doctor. Well I know he is thinking about trigeminal neuralgia but my gums still hurt so how can my regular help? Any input would be appreciated.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - February - 2011, at 11:40 AM

• Herpes is a viral infection and along with the lesion in the mouth there is some systemic flu like symptoms also like malase fever ,headache etc. In your case it looks like as the pain is there because of some tooth as you have mentioned a tooth which is exposed and is under the crown, If it is not root canal treated it can have pain even though the crown is there or the filling is intact. In my opinion you should visit the dentist and get the proper diagnosis made and if needed get the X-ray done. If it is herpes then get the proper treatment for the same. For more info on oral lesions you can visit the following link..... www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-dental-pain--539.aspx

Free Dental Consultation