At age 74 should I get dentures..I only have two teeth left in my upper jaw..The rest have broken off.. Do I need to see a surgent to have the broken teeth removed?

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 01 - February - 2012, at 00:55 AM

  • If broken teeth can be restored and saved, then better save them. For badly mutilated teeth, root canal treatment followed by post and core procedure and dental crown can be done. If teeth are beyond repair and can’t be restored, then they can be pulled out. If there is much access to tooth, then simple tooth extraction can be done to remove the tooth and if not much of tooth structure is left above gum line, then surgical tooth extraction may also be required. Dentist/oral surgeon can perform teeth extraction. Teeth which are beyond repair can be pulled out and teeth which can be restored can be saved. After extraction, you can get your missing teeth replaced with dental implants or dentures. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite treatment plan. You can visit your dentist to get treatment for broken teeth. For detailed info on missing teeth replacement, visit……

Free Dental Consultation