Hello, A few days ago I developed intense pain inbetween my upper last two molars. With Oral Gel and ibuprofen, the pain completely stopped. However, this morning I woke up with intense pain in my lower (jaw) molar as if I had been grinding my teeth. The jaw is sensitive to the touch when touching my right cheek. I have an overall lousy feeling like a Flu without actually having the Flu. Am I at a point where antibiodtics are needed prior to the dental work? Thanx Peter

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - March - 2011, at 10:10 AM

• It looks like you have some infected tooth. It may be upper molar. In the lower molars, it can be referred pain because of infection in upper teeth. When infection is there you have pain, swelling, tenderness and sometimes flue like symptoms like you feel feverish with weakness. You have to visit your dentist and get diagnosis made by thorough clinical exam and xrays. May be you need antibiotics but the type and dose will decided only after diagnosis. The treatment will also depend on the type of infection. For more info you can read this article... www.identalhub.com/article_why-dental-pain-or-toothache-87.aspx

Free Dental Consultation