I have a long standing teeth decay problem. Now th he problem has become severe. More than half of my teeth have broken crowns - most of them at the gum base. The guns have become tender and I can't even brush my teeth. I have been avoiding going to the dentist because I can't afford the out-of-pocket cost involved outside of my dental coverage. I can't get a care loan because of my credit history. I don't qualify for any state aid because my income is above the federal guideline but I have too many payments which has left me living paycheck to paycheck. I often have abscesses and I have a feeling most of the roots will have to be extracted via surgery. What are my options?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Stevia Roberts

Stevia Roberts 04 - October - 2010, at 00:53 AM

• The holistic approach only works as a preventative in the case of teeth. Once you have a visible cavity, what you have is dead and decaying portions of the teeth. While fluoride can help avoid a cavity from progressing and help heal the tooth enamel in the very early stages, it can't resurrect dead tissue. That's what a cavity is. What you propose is the equivalent to putting something on dead skin, or a scab, hoping to somehow convert it back to living tissue. Unfortunately, dead is dead, decay is decay, and that's all there is too it. In your case, removing the decayed and damaged enamel is the only real viable option. If you don't like hearing the drill, wear ear buds and listen to music on something like an Ipod. You obviously are not opposed to dental treatment, as you have braces in place to correct and change tooth position. So it doesn't make real good sense to keep rotting and decaying tooth tissue in your mouth, just to avoid an unpleasant sound. Once the cavities are taken care of, then perhaps regular tooth brushing and flossing, along with the corrected tooth position will prevent others in the future.

• Chandler B

Chandler B 03 - October - 2010, at 22:13 PM

• I have 3 cavities on 3 different canines (due to the position of those teeth, i currently have braces correcting it) that actually hurt if you press something sharp in them & my other cavities are in the beginning stages. I hate getting my teeth filled and the sound of the drill and I'm hoping I can rebuild my enamel so i don't have to get them filled! I am not allowed to use fluoride because its harmful to the body. I was wondering if anyone had methods of preventing the beginning cavities and stopping the cavities that hurt?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 01 - October - 2010, at 20:24 PM

• You have to go to the dentist and get the tretment done. You can find the dentist in your area who does not take out of pocket money but only whatever insurance pays or you can check some dental school. Till you get the treatment done maintain very good oral hygeie so that further deterioration is not there. For more info on oral hygeine you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-oral-hygiene-63.aspx

Free Dental Consultation