sir, i had done RCT to my last joint teeth before an year but from 29th of aug to now i have a too much pain in that teeth. today i have done the X-ray of that teeth plz tell me sir why i am having a pain after doing RCT, what should i have to do for that pain, plz give me solution sir i have too much pain on it.plz give me your suggestion and also tell me the best dentist in dhanbad jharkhand.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - September - 2011, at 00:01 AM

• Normally, there is no pain after the root canal treatment. Pain after a year in root canal treated tooth can be there if the root canal was not done properly or if the infection is still left in the tooth.  Pain can also be there if there is gum infection in relation to that tooth or because of decay of some other tooth.  If there is some gum infection present, then you can do warm saline rinses for it. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. You need to visit your dentist for this.  If there is still infection left in the tooth or if the root canal procedure is not done properly, then re-root canal treatment  can be done for the tooth.  The prognosis for tooth with re-root canal treatment done is not that good as with the tooth in which the root canal procedure is done for the first time. Your dentist after clinical and radiographic examination will access whether the re-root canal would be successful or not. You can browse on the net to know about the best dentists at your place. For more info on root canal re-treatment, you can refer to the following article… http://www.identalhub.com/article_root-canal-re-treatment-304.aspx

Free Dental Consultation