My wife is 33 years old and blood group is (A+ve). The upper front row of her teeth protrude outside a little. Not visible when the mouth is closed. I’d like to know if braces can be fixed and will this have a desired effect i.e. will the teen move inside. Pls provide other solution too.

Leave Comment


  • Dr. Imtiaz

    Dr. Imtiaz 19 - October - 2011, at 11:05 AM

  • nice and informative

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 18 - October - 2011, at 23:33 PM

  • If your wife’s adult teeth are slightly protruding, then they can be corrected with braces treatment. Braces will give the desired effect and teeth will move inside with braces treatment. There is as such no age of to get braces. People in age group of 30 and 40’s can also get braces treatment done. Your wife can opt for metallic, ceramic braces or sapphire braces for alignment of teeth. Apart from braces, she can get invisaligns for correcting the protruding teeth. Invisaligns are clear, transparent removable aligners which can be used to correct the alignment of teeth. Braces or invisaligns treatment will be for duration of 18-24 months depending on the misalignment of teeth. Apart from braces and invisaligns, your wife can also opt for cosmetic procedures like dental bonding, lumineers, veneers or crowns for correcting the protruded teeth. Cosmetic procedures are faster as compared to braces treatment and invisaligns. You can discuss about these options with your dentist. For more info on straightening options for adult teeth, you can refer to following article..

Free Dental Consultation