Hello, I have seen 2 dentists. The first one explained that I had a great deal of decay statrting to form and would need 6 root canals. Even though I have dental insurance through my job, I could not afford that. So I went to see another dentist a couple weeks ago. This one explained that I would need 6 extractions, followed by a deep periodontal cleansing because of periodontal disease. This second plan is also too expensive even with insurance. 4 of the 6 teeth that they want to extract still look really good and healthy. I've even gone to greater lengths at home with my oral care. I am using a toothpaste and mouthwash with Co-Q 10 and tea tree oil at least 3 times a day. Are fillings an option at all? I really do want to get my teeth back in healthy shape, but need a treatment plan that I can afford. Please advise...

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 03 - June - 2010, at 19:56 PM

• With out seeing the case clinically and X-ray's it is difficult to say whether the fillng is sufficient  or you have to go for the root canal treatment. but definitely it is better to save the teeth by root canal treatment than to go for extractions if they can be saved. If you go for extractions then you have to get them replaced also and that means going for dental implants. So in my advice go for the treatmet if you really want to save the teeth with out delay as that will further complicate the matter. You can get the copay financed by care credit and pay in easy monthly installments. For more info on root canal treatment you can visit the following link on our website........http://www.identalhub.com/article_why-is-root-canal-treatment-rct-required-299.aspx

Free Dental Consultation