I went to the dentist a week ago, had exrays done, no infections. I have been bothered by a 2nd molar that needs root canal therapy, along with a bicuspid that needs the same. Now, the bicuspid has been bothersome for 3 days. Not a painful hurt but just sore. It feels like a lot of pressure, almost like its trying to force its way out. I looked at it with a mirror and it looks like a bruise is forming around the gum line. Its sore to the touch and to bite on it. Its throbbing and feels like a screwdriver has been shoved in the gum if I bite down. What could be going on? I am currently taking Bactrim for a UTI, for 3 days as well as ibuprofen around the clock. Neither are helping.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - January - 2012, at 01:49 AM

• Root canal treatment is done for the tooth when infection reaches the pulp portion of the tooth. No symptoms may occur when infection reaches pulp portion of tooth or patient may have pain in tooth and swelling, tenderness of gums present. Bruise around gum line can be there because of infected tooth or can also be there because of gum infection in relation to tooth. For infected tooth, root canal treatment will be required. Sometimes, infection is not visible in the x-rays and dentist after clinical examination and after percussion, sensitivity and vitality tests can make out that whether tooth is infected or not. If your tooth is infected, then get root canal treatment done for it. You can visit your dentist for evaluation. Your dentist may prescribe you an antibiotic before doing root canal treatment. By the time, you visit your dentist, avoid eating from side of affected tooth and keep that area clean to avoid any secondary infection. For more info on signs and symptoms of root canal treatment, refer to…..    http://www.identalhub.com/article_signs-and-symptoms-of-root-canal-therapy-104.aspx

Free Dental Consultation