my mouth gums is dangling or stretching between my 2 front teeth. it started 4 moths ago when i used to brush my teeth, it used to bleed and eventually became swollen. it doesn't hurt though. Before when i used to smile widely only my upper mouth gums used to show. now if i simply smile, the gums show between my 2 front teeth only! i was prescribed Parodontal (Buccal Gel) but it wasn't effective. what can i do??

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 12 - April - 2011, at 09:41 AM

• I thnk you have irritated the gums while doing the flossing. You should follow the proper flossing technique while doing it.it has to be gentle. Now do not irritate it further. Do the flossing gently. Keep doing warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day. You can use some gum paint which is available otc.

• Hannah

Hannah 12 - April - 2011, at 03:35 AM

• the gum between my bottom two teeth is swollen so it sticks out and it looks slightly bloody (on the inside not touchable blood) and i dont know why, i brush twice a day and i flossed for the first time in a year yesterday.. could this be the problem?

• Steve Raymond

Steve Raymond 14 - October - 2010, at 22:52 PM

• Gum disease or swelling often happens and leads to loss of teeth or causes a sudden pain in teeth. Basically one requires a regular dental check up. you definitely needs to visit a dentist if there is any sign of loosing any of the teeth. Go for some cold drinks and ice cream but not sweets. also see your dentist as soon as possible and you will be fine.

• Mary Jessen

Mary Jessen 14 - October - 2010, at 03:13 AM

• I have a loose tooth and the gums next to it are swollen and it hurts SO badly! How can I make the pain go away? I am 12 and my pre molar tooth is almost coming out.

• David Serma

David Serma 12 - October - 2010, at 01:19 AM

• I would like to tell you why flossing is so important.Flossing is like a work out for your gums. by going into your gums with the floss, it causes them to expand and retract, giving them some muscle. it makes them harder and stronger. if you dont floss, your gums become weak, food gets easily stuck underneath them, which causes infection and gingivitis. as jesse said, u will need a scaling and deep cleaning, and you need to see a dentist to determine the level of gingivitis (periodontal disease) you have. as a dental assistant, i find that most people do not understand how important flossing is. so i hope this has helped u

Free Dental Consultation