My left upper molar is broken. There is a big hole. It happened about 3 years ago. I didn't worry about it then. I felt sensitivity for months. It also bled sometimes. Now I don't feel anything. It doesn't pain or bleed. But I see that its color turned to black. Half of the tooth is black now. I still don't feel any pain. Is it rotten? I wanna know what's wrong with it and what the treatment will be.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 28 - June - 2011, at 10:37 AM

• It looks like that broken molar with hole has become dead i.e. it got infected and pulp is necrosed making it non vital. When the tooth becomes nonvital there is change in its color and if it is chronic there is no pain. Now you have two treatment options.  One is to get it pulled out or second is to save it. The dentist after clinical exam and xray will decide whether it can be saved or not. If it can be saved then you have to get root canal treatment done and crown on top of it after that. For more info on Root Canal Treatment you can read this article.... www.identalhub.com/article_signs-and-symptoms-of-root-canal-therapy-104.aspx

Free Dental Consultation