sir im male 28years.two months back i observed two red flat circles of diameter less than 4mm on top surface of tongue without pain.i went to dentist immediately.he adviced me to apply metrogyl dg gel.after 3 days i found no use and small red areas are developing back of those cicles near throat.i went to ent he just laughed and said those r papilla.he didnt suggest medicine.but im worrying.not yet cured and no other problems...pls tell me is it ok...thank u

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - November - 2011, at 02:50 AM

• Red flat circles can be normal papillae or taste buds on tongue. They can be circumvallate papillae which are present on back portion of dorsum of the tongue and are 10-14 in number. It can be because of atrophy of papillae or can occur after viral infection or fungal infection. If they are not painful and are not causing any problem, then you can simply overlook them. Keep the tongue clean and do warm saline rinses to avoid secondary infections on tongue. For more info on tongue abnormalities, refer to… http://www.identalhub.com/article_abnormalities-of-tongue-238.aspx

Free Dental Consultation