sir im 28years male.2months back i observed 2 red flat circles type patches which r not painful on back of top surface of tongue near throat on both sides.i search in internet and always worried about cancer.one day i went to ent yashoda hospatal then he said nothing to worry those r papilla.im happy now but i didnt see such circles in any of my friends why they are red and flat for me .also not healing from 2months.should i goto other doctor.pls help....

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 15 - November - 2011, at 00:13 AM

• Red flat circles on back of dorsum surface of tongue can be circumvalate papillae which are present on the back portion of the tongue. In case of viral infections or sore throat, cold etc these papillae may appear even more prominent and cause red circle. If they are not increasing in size and are not causing any problem or irritation, then you can overlook them. To avoid any secondary infections, you have to keep that area clean and you can do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day. For more info on abnormalities of tongue, refer to…   http://www.identalhub.com/article_abnormalities-of-tongue-238.aspx

Free Dental Consultation