I had the 24 hr flu yesturday and was puking for almost 12 hours. I didn't brush my teeth by night and this morning I brushed with water. Then I did a flouride rinse. After that I noticed my teeth were really sensitive even to the water. So after an hour I brushed with with my Sensodyne Toothpaste (I use this brand all the time) and I did another flouride rinse. It's been almost 8 hours and my teeth still hurt bad! I just had some juice and I had to take tiny sips to drink and the slightest touch to the teeth makes the nerve so painful! I brushed again with the toothpaste afterwards. I know this is from the stomach acid from vomiting but how long is this going to last? It's been more than 30 hours since I last vomited and I don't understand why I still have it. Theres not alot of info on this on the web so I decided to ask a professional. I feel like I won't be able to eat anything or drink even water again! Help! And is there anything I can do to help it now or speed the recovery?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - April - 2010, at 20:14 PM

• Keep using desenstizing tooth paste and the senstivity will go in a day or two. The senstivity is there due to the acid and also because the gums which become very senstive. You can do warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day for better and quick results. For more info on senstive teeth you can visit the fllowing link on our website......  http://www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-hypersenstivity-60.aspx

Free Dental Consultation