My bottom wisdom teeth partially came in, now when i brush my teeth my gums bleed badly,is this an infection? my upper wisdom teeth came in no problem, my bottom ones came in partially, not so much pain, but as of a few days ago, i brushed my teeth and my gums bleed badly. today i brushed them and the tooth paste stung my gums and my the inside of my bottom lip... salt and spicy is irritating it as well... i do not have health insurance so im in the process of trying to figure out how to go to a doctor, does anyone have any suggestions? could this be an infection? gum disease? i also have a bad taste in the back of my mouth..I am very aware that i need to see a dentist, i was just trying to get some insight as to what might be the issue, and a few suggestions, since i am not able to see one at the moment...

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 16 - July - 2011, at 10:46 AM

• As your lower wisdom teeth have not fully erupted, they are partially impacted. It may be soft tissue impaction. In such cases normally the pericoronitis occurs which is the inflammation of gums around wisdom tooth. This happen due to poor oral hygiene or food impaction in that area and due to this you are having pain, bleeding and bad taste in mouth. For this you have to see the dentist and find out whether sufficient space is present or not for wisdom teeth to erupt and if not then you have to get he wisdom teeth pulled out.Till then you can do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day and maintain very good oral hygiene in that area. For more info on impacted wisdom teeth you can readt this article..

Free Dental Consultation