help. dentist wants more time. meanwhile I am suffering from headaches, toothaches. it's been almost 1 1/2 months. need a solution. what should I do next. Next appointment isn't until January 12 2012. I really want this file out. The dentist even tried super glue on the end of his file to retrieve the broken file. UGH!

Leave Comment

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - December - 2011, at 05:40 AM

• It is not very uncommon that files break during root canal procedure. If file is broken after the canals are sterilized, then breakage of file causes no pain but if file is broken before the canals are cleaned, then broken file leads to pain. Headache and tooth ache means that there is infection present in the tooth. If the file is not retrievable, then tooth extraction will be required. After tooth extraction, you can get the missing tooth replaced with dental implants or dental bridge. As of now, you can take antibiotics to control the infection in the tooth after consultation of your dentist.Extraction followed by replacement will be required if file is not retrievable. For more info on complications after root canal therapy, refer to…..

Free Dental Consultation