Hi there! I have been unfortunately addicted to diet soda the past 10 years and my front teeth are now showing signs of wear. I have some transparency and my dentist and I discussed possibly covering with a thin layer of composite. I was wondering what the opinion is of other dentists to do this? I am only 31, not looking for nor do I think I need veneers at this point, as well as I tend to lean on the conservative side with procedures. I grew up in a dentist's office (braces, lots of teeth pulled for spacing, jaw surgery, etc) so I am very conscious of protecting what I have worked for. any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 05 - January - 2011, at 11:03 AM

• first of all you have to stop taking the areated drinks. There are different options available for the wearing of the teeth. You can go for the composite built up but that is not very permanent. It also wears off very soon. In my opnion best option is to go for veneers. They are long lasting. but with out seeing the case clinically it is difficult to give the treatment plan. You can always take the second opinion. For more info on tooth wearing you can visit the following link......www.identalhub.com/dental-home-remedies-for-treating-enamel-erosion-785.aspx

Free Dental Consultation