Dear Dental Hub, I am Reyna I am suffering of my right side lower gum area, it turn large and disturbs me so much. May I asked what is this?What disease do i have now because I am worried if it will not stop turning into large.

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 26 - May - 2010, at 19:57 PM

  • You have not mentioned whether the swelling in the gum is localised or generalised. If it is generalised then it can be gingivitis ie inflammation of the gums. As it is on one side only, it can be due to poor oral hygiene or food impaction or irritation or trauma. But if it is localised like one or two teeth are involved then it can be because of decay and infected tooth. For this you have to go to dentist and get the xray done to find out the cause. For the time being, you can do warm saline rinses 2-3 times a day which will help you and try to maintain good oral hygiene. For more info on gums dieseases you can browse the following link in our website for various articles on gums dieseases.

Free Dental Consultation