Hello, I am 38 years old. At 16 years of age I got braces. I have a tongue thrust. I do not understand why the orthodontist did not suggest a permanent retainer. Well at 38 years old, my teeth are an absolute mess! Problems, on top of problems including spaced and teeth that are quite bucked. Currently, I am on medicaid. I recieve $600 a month on unemployment. There is no time now or even in the near future that I will be able to afford braces. And my credit stinks. If I do not do something about this now, I will not have any teeth or they will look absolutely crazy! If I have a bad enough problem can I ask my dentist to suggest an exception to my insurance company to pay for my braces?

Leave Comment


  • Ashleigh Chute

    Ashleigh Chute 16 - July - 2011, at 20:48 PM

  • I need to find a dentist who is low income and will need a dentist who understands the fear of seeing a dentist. I have three teeth that are in desperate need of care and I have a severe fear of dentist's so I hope I can find a dentist that does some sort of sedation other than novicaine and laughing gas cause these don't really help me very much. Please help me.

  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 09 - June - 2010, at 20:01 PM

  • You have to check with Medicaid whether they cover braces. You can visit the dental school near your home for treatment. In dental schools, they sometimes provided free dental treatment  or at lower rate, as the patients are needed for budding dentists but there is no compromise on treatment quality. For more info on this you can browse the following link in our website... www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-treatment-costs-94.aspx

Free Dental Consultation