Hi, i have had a chipped tooth (half broken) for 10 years now. However i have notted when i brush too often i tend to get a pimple or may be a rash inside my nose just where the middle bone starts above the lips. The chipped teeth is the one of the fron 2 teeth. SO you can say that i gennerally have the rash (may be 2-3mm) just above the teeth in the nose. is it due to infection being caused due to brushing too much over the chipped teeth?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - January - 2012, at 01:09 AM

• Pimple or rash in nose can be there because of bacteria in nose, exposure to irritants in air or can occur because of some medications. Infected broken tooth can also lead to infection and pimple in nose. If there is chipped tooth present, then you need to get it restored. If a small portion of tooth is chipped off, then tooth can be restored with composite filling which is tooth colored, esthetic filling material but if much of tooth structure is broken and pulp of the tooth is exposed, then root canal treatment followed by dental crown is required for the tooth. If tooth is badly mutilated, then post and core is given after root canal procedure. If tooth is unrestorable, then it can be removed and replaced with dental implants or dental bridge. Pimple in nose suggests that tooth is already infected. Using a hard brush or brushing too hard on gums can lead to rash in nose but not pimple. You have to visit your dentist to get treatment done for chipped tooth. For more info on how chipped tooth is fixed by dentist, refer to…..     http://www.identalhub.com/article_how-chipped-tooth--is--fixed-by-dentist-790.aspx

Free Dental Consultation