my 7 year old grandchild has a right and left lower molar loose and the gums around them are very swollen, and I feel on the right side under her chin a little bump (swollen lymph node?) she is not complaining of pain and the gums are not reddish but very swollen. I'm just concerned and hoping that it might not be pus heaping up and that that ball under her right chin away though from that teeth might be a collection of pus. I don't remember nor me nor any of my siblings having had these problems when changing milk teeth for the definitive ones. Thank you. Rita

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 29 - March - 2011, at 02:27 AM

• In 7 year old child the baby molars are nor replaced by the adult teeth . First the front teeth starts getting replaced and that is at the age of 6 to 7 years. The molars are replaced at the age of 9 to 10 years. so in your grand child case it looks like that there is infection and the pus formation. It can be because of decay or the trauma. You should take her to the dentist and get the diagnosis made. For more info on children teeth you can visit the folowing link....www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-children-dentistry-33.aspx

Free Dental Consultation