When I rub my tongue across my wisdom tooth I get a weird taste in my mouth. Sometimes I get the taste without touching it. I have no pain there and I have looked inside my mouth and do not see anything wrong. This is the tooth furthest back in my mouth and it is just barely above the gums. This has been going on for almost a week now. I am a 24 year old male.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Remisa J

Remisa J 07 - November - 2010, at 22:43 PM

• First, do you eat a lot of foods that are heavy on garlic or onion or other, similar seasonings that "stay with you" for a while? I love garlic, and I am never without my tin of Altoids as a result, because sometimes I can taste garlic hours after I've eaten it. Embarassed If the taste in your mouth is more like a rotten or bad-breath taste, it may be your sinuses, or your teeth. Sometimes you may have a low-grade sinus infection and feel okay, but the infection drains down the back of your throat and can cause a foul smell and taste. Also, if you have a cavity or a tooth that is otherwise in the process of rotting or dying (and this can happen with little or no ongoing pain, I know this from personal experience,) it will leave a bad taste in your mouth as well. The tooth becomes infected, and the infection can sometimes drain out of your gum and into your mouth, also creating a foul odor or taste.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 02 - November - 2010, at 22:08 PM

•  The wisdom tooth is furthest back in the mouth it is difficult to clean it properly and this weird taste is because of decay of the food which can not be cleaned from that area. If you do not have any pain that means the infection has not set in yet but if you do not maintantha oral hygeine than this can lead to the infection. Do warm saline rinses or use some anti microbial mouth wash and try to brush the teeth properly till the back tooth. You can use the tooth brush with small head as it will reach the back tooth and clean it. For more info on oral hygeine you can visi the following link...www.identalhub.com/dental-clean-your-teeth-correctly-521.aspx

Free Dental Consultation