I've recently went to the dentist for some problems I have been having. I was in the military, USMC, and I had some root canals done while I was in there. Well, I never got root canals put on them so all the feelings came out, and all the teeth broke off. There is a total of four broken teeth that I have and it only has little tiny pieces of tooth left which cause my gums to bleed in those areas. I haven't had the money to go to the dentist and still don't. This last time I went, they said that they were looking at about 13,000 dollars worth of work. I got so overwhelmed and felt so defeated that I began to cry and walked out of there. It's gotten so bad that I think it has started to cause health problems. Some of the things they said I needed are crowns, root canals, and bridges. I also am terrified that I might have mouth cancer, but when I saw the dentists this last month, I didn't mention it to him that I had this fear. I am a male and only 30 yrs old. Is there anything that you can say or do to help me and also to help put my mind at ease? I feel like my mouth will never get fixed because I can't afford it. I have a wife and six kids and I'm the only one that is working right now. Is there anything that I can do? I've also tried to get financing and I wasn't able to get approved.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 14 - May - 2010, at 20:04 PM

• normaly after root canal treatment the teeth should be crowned to save them. Now if they are broken you have to get the X-ray's done to see the status of Root Canal Treatment. If there is no infection then after deciding how much tooth structure is left, the treatment will be done. May be you have to go for post and core and above that crowns can be given. If this treatment is not possible then left over tooth structure has to be puled out and fixed bridge is given. These treatments are expensive but you need to have the treatment. You can try some dental school near your home as the treatment there will be cheaper. Normally this sort of problem does not lead to mouth cancer but if sharp edges are there, that keep on irritating your mouth, and can cause repeated trauma. For more info on dental crowns and bridges, you can read this article on our website... www.identalhub.com/article_what-are-dental-crowns-222.aspx

Free Dental Consultation