Advice needed, and I know you might not be able to give me much beyond "go see a dentist", but I'm going to ask anyway. I'm scared. I have never seen a dentist in my life and I am almost 32 years old. I have two teeth (second from the back on each side) that are broken and only have a little of the above the gum tooth left with a gaping hole. One of my front top teeth has what I can only describe as a chip in the surface (a hole not all the way through). The back of my front bottoms look almost fused and I can feel holes under them at the gum line. Now a small black spot has shown up on one of the bottom front teeth that is visible from the front. Just based on this, how bad is this? (I do get infections from time to time on the back ones as well). I'm scared to go into a dentist with all of this having never seen one and I'm not sure what my insurance might or might not cover and I have almost no cash to add to the coverage.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Neil McConnell

Neil McConnell 23 - May - 2011, at 02:20 AM

• Recognise that you retain control when seated in a dental chair. Ensure that you can signal at any time that you are not comfortable. Learn what you can do to stop future problems. Do not remain with any dentist that does not respect your wishes.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 21 - May - 2011, at 20:31 PM

• You back molars which are broken with gaping holes have to be root canal treated and crowns have to be given but that will ascertained after seeing the xrays, which will tell whether these can be saved or not. If they cannot be saved then you have to get them pulled out and they will be replaced either by bridge or implant. In case of front upper teeth, if they are just chipped and there is no infection then these can be restored with composite buildup and in case of lower front teeth on the backside there is plaque depostion and due to this you feel them fused with holes. You have to get the cleaning done. The black spot can be stain or it can be tooth decay. If it is stain then that will go by cleaning but if it is decay then you have to get the restoration done. All these procedures of Root Canal Treatment, Cavity filling with composites and dental cleaning are covered in dental insurance but you have to pay your copay which depends on dental insurance taken by you. The chipped tooth buildup and bridge will also be covered but in most insurances dental implants are not covered. You have talk to your dentist office insurance people to check out. Before the start of treatment you will be given treatment plan with total dental cost and your copay and then if you go ahead, the dentist will start the treatment. For more info on dental insurances you can read articles from this link.... www.identalhub.com/articlecategory-dental-insurance-plans-58.aspx

Free Dental Consultation