I have a large boil, so to speak, on my upper right cheek/gum area in the back of my mouth. It is about the size of a large grape and VERY uncomfortable. My face is swollen and sore. I went to the doctor and he gave me some antibiotics...my question is....Will the Antibiotics get rid of the bubble, or is there another safe way I can "pop" this thing?? I am currently trying to find a Dentist that accepts my insurance and when I do, I plan on having the tooth removed since it is broken beyond repair. PLEASE, PLEASE help! Thank you!!!! Robin

Leave Comment


  • Dr.Ritz

    Dr.Ritz 20 - March - 2010, at 20:47 PM

  • The boil on your gum is because of the impacted tooth and antibiotics will surely help you but it will take some time for definite treatmen. You have to get the tooth extracted or get the Root canal treatment done if possible. Along with antibiotics you can do warm saline rinses and try to keep the area very clean as any kind of food impaction will irritate it. For more on abscess tooth you can read this article in our website.... http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-abscessed-tooth-204.aspx

Free Dental Consultation