got my wisdome teeth pulled out 1 week ago and im still in alot of pain and i have something white on top of where the wisdome teeth where

Leave Comment

• tim beck

tim beck 07 - September - 2010, at 05:32 AM

• The white stuff is where its healing. I also had my wisdom teeth taken out, the pain is horrendous so keep taking the painkillers. Also, gargle with salt mixed with warm water, it tastes gross but speeds up the healing process. Your dentist should prescribe you antibiotics also if their was an infection otherwise it will spread to your other teeth. Take care of yourself and be gentle with your mouth til everything heals properly.

• minsy

minsy 07 - September - 2010, at 01:21 AM

• hello, I recently got all 4 of my wisdom teeth surgically removed about a week ago, and the right side of my mouth is healing well to my knowledge. it feels much better, and it doesn't even need painkiller. the left side is another story. it hurts all the time, and I take painkiller but it can't even stop all of the pain. Tomorrow I'm going in and getting it checked out, but I just wanted to know if it's possible to tell if it's dry socket, or any other problem associated with getting wisdom teeth pulled.

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - September - 2010, at 20:59 PM

• You can visit the dentist if pain is very acute and there is swelling also. Regarding the white thing you can do gentle warm saline rinses 2 to 3 times a day and maintain very good oral hygeine. You should follow all the instructions given by the dentist. It takes around three weeks for the extraction site to fully heal depending upon the type of extraction you had. For more info on complications after wisdom tooth extraction you can visit the following

Free Dental Consultation