I am having a root canal done in a week on a tooth that the dentist thinks i may have an abcess cause I feel some pressure. He put me on 7 days of clyndamiacyn. I havent had my root canal yet but am in to t he antibiotics for the second full day and still have pressure and sensitvity when tapping the tooth. Will this pressure and sensitivity not go away until the root canal is performed?

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 11 - May - 2011, at 19:13 PM

• Antibiotics starts having affect after 3rd day when the level of antibiotics in blood is aavt the level where is can control the infection. So you keep taking your meds and after 3rd day you will start feeling the relief. You are prescribed antibiotics for 7 day and after that you are going for Root Canal Treatment and by that time pressure and sensitivity will go away and you can get the root canal treatment done. In root canal treatment the abscess which is causing the pressure will be drained out and tooth is filled. Antibiotics control the infection but real infection will go away after Root Canal Treatment. For more info on root canal treatment you can read this article.... www.identalhub.com/article_how-root-canal-treatment-is-done-298.aspx

Free Dental Consultation