I got two but I can't see any abcess on any root ?! They all looks alike, just white color. I was told that the infection of one of the tooth at the roots level is extended to the bone. How that infection supposes to look like ?! Thanks, Rodica

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 23 - August - 2011, at 00:08 AM

• In case of chronic abscess, radiographic lesion is seen. If the infection is there at the root of the tooth, then a radiolucent lesion is seen at the root that is there is a black portion present at the apex of the root in the X-ray and it extends to the bone. In case of acute abscess, minimal changes are seen in the radiograph as it is there for shorter period of time and is just confined to the medullary bone. If you have severe throbbing pain in the tooth, swelling is present and tooth is tender on percussion, then it is abscess. Antibiotic is given in case of abscess and drainage is established for the relief of symptom. Root canal therapy followed by capping is done in case of abscessed tooth. To know more about abscessed tooth, you can refer to the following article…http://www.identalhub.com/article_understanding-abscessed-tooth-204.aspx

Free Dental Consultation