I have a tooth like growth on my gums on the bottom of my mouth it is connected to a broken tooth i have it seem to have grown into the tooth the tooth is loose and when i move the tooth the growth grows i have had it for a long time but it just now grew into tooth

Leave Comment

• dr ritz

dr ritz 11 - September - 2011, at 23:49 PM

• Chris, Broken tooth tends to accumulate plaque and calculus. The marble size shape on the broken tooth can be because of calcified deposits on the tooth. To avoid plaque and calculus deposits, it is important that you maintain a good oral hygiene. Brush and floss regularly. You may require dental cleaning for it. It is better if you get your broken tooth restored even if it is not causing any pain. You can get root canal treatment of the tooth followed by capping. If there is much loss of tooth structure, then post and core is done to give strength to the tooth. Broken tooth is not aiding in mastication and is not coming in occlusion. Mastication itself is a self cleansing process so the deposits tend to be more on such tooth. Without clinical examination, it is difficult to give definite diagnosis. It is better if you consult your dentist for this.

• Chris

Chris 10 - September - 2011, at 04:50 AM

• I have a tooth that was broken a few years back and it never hurt so i never worried about it. Now there's a marble size shape and feel above the broken tooth that seems to be gradually getting bigger and noticable from the exterior of where the swelling is inside the mouth. What is this and how do I get rid of this?

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 06 - September - 2011, at 11:11 AM

• you have not mentioned your age as few symptoms or conditions are age related. Some times the milk teeth are retained they do not fall off and the adult tooth start growing . so it can be that you should visit your dentist and get it diagnosed. It is difficult to comment on this with out seeing the case clinically. Your dentist will do the thorough clincal examination and find out the diagnosis and make a treatment plan. For more info on retained teeth you can visit the following link... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-baby-teeth-not-fallen-and-adult-teeth-coming-in-869.aspx

Free Dental Consultation