Hello I have a wonderful TMJ doctor...im just finishing phase 1 splint therapy. However, I lost most of my large molars. I only have one large one on the left side left. However it is root canaled and root canal was improperly done in mexico so tooth ONLY reacts to touch and pressure for some reason which is not exactly normal. I have my 4 bottom and top small molars left. However, im barely returning back to work ive been sick for a long time so my economic situation is not good right now. My doctor understands and offered to put composite on top of all my bottom molars to try and adjust my bite for a few years...however,....im in so much pain...large root canaled molar is reacting very bad to the pressure...which it didnt when i had the bottom splint on 2 piece which i wore one on the left bottom and other on right bottom it was looser so it didnt hurt at all. The fillings are high but also I think its because my little molars are taking all the weight of my jaw and theres no support from anything else and its too much pressure. i thought the filling might have been too high but I really dont like this its so painful and i cant chew, eat, close my mouth, just the contact with the filling and the top molars is enough to cause severe pain....I really would rather wear the removable device i wore even if it was lose...i was much happier then!!!! MY DOCTOR IS NOT IN TOMORROW UNTIL MONDAY.....i hope they can have another doctor in that office remove those fillings so i can wear my removable device again....can composites be easily reversed and removed...I need to have my molars exactly like they were before so my splint can fit in again like before...I dont want to bother coming in back again so many times to adjust the fillings because It hurts all over and it was the worst mistake i went for the fillings but i didnt know it would be so painful!!!! what do u suggest???? i would much rather wear my 2 piece bottom splint....! I WANT TO do u think my doctor will be ok with removing everything he put in and having me wear my splint again? i can always order a new one but i think it can last me a long time if i take care of it and besides i start working next week and will be starting to save up for a partial denture that i will get in 1 to 2 years.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 17 - June - 2011, at 11:03 AM

• Yes, the composite can be easily removed but by the dentist and he can remove all the filings and revert your bite back to before. But it is better if you adjust to new bite as that will improve your facial height and give you better look. The pain is not because of the high filling but because of the faulty root canal treatment. So get the re root canal treatment done in that molar. It is better you consult your dentist and discuss your problem as with out clinical examination it is dfficult to give the proper advise. For more info on re root canal treatment you can visit the following link....www.identalhub.com/article_root-canal-re-treatment-304.aspx

Free Dental Consultation