My dentist says that my wisdom teeth are impacted and that I should get them removed before having a gingavectomy. They just removed 4 teeth in may and two years ago i had 2 teeth removed as well about 5 years ago my former dentist did a gingavectomy (I am on anti-seizure medication) before a root canal. so i was wondering do the wisdom teeth need to be removed before a gingavectomy especially since they are not causing me any problems? I am also concerned with the number of teeth I have pulled and what pulling four more would do.

Leave Comment

Comments

• Dr.Ritz

Dr.Ritz 20 - July - 2011, at 19:11 PM

• If the wisdom teeth are impacted i.e there is insufficient space for their eruption in gums, then you have to get them pulled out even if they are not causing any problem just now. In your case as you are taking anti seizure drug, which causes the growth of gingiva, so gingivectomy has to be done. It is better you get the impacted teeth extracted before gingivectomy. As such also the wisdom teeth have no importance as they donot help in chewing and if they are impacted they cause lot of problem and at anytime there can be pain or swelling or difficulty in opening the mouth. So it is always advisable to get them pulled out. For more info on wisdom teeth impaction problem you can read this article.... http://www.identalhub.com/dental-knowing-all-about-wisdom-teeth-719.aspx

Free Dental Consultation